top of page

16 june 2001

I made it here to Certaldo after a few train rides and a bus ride from Fusina.  I left Camp Fusina after I woke up this morning at about 7:00am.  I managed to make it out to the 7:43 bus in time.  After getting off I made my way over to the train station to attempt to buy a ticket.  These particular Italians were a little grumpy this morning and not much help.  After trying to get the ticket guy to understand Certaldo for a few minutes I just bought a ticket to Firenze and figured I would just buy a ticket when I arrived there.  I rode 2nd class out to Firenze with a bunch of locals.  They were pretty funny to watch most of the way.  I really wanted to rest on the train a little but the Italians were getting a little bit silly.  The group of them got off at Bologna and I stayed on the train until Firenze.  When the group got off I made sure I was heading the right direction.  They let me know to get off at Firenze, the only train station there.  About an hour later I was in Firenze, a very nice station.

I had to buy my ticket and I'm glad some guy from the Italian train police helped me out and pointed me to the tobacconist where I stood in line for about 30 seconds instead of 30 hours in the other lines.  The ride out to Certaldo is really very nice.  Certaldo is a very nice town out in the country.  The streets are very clean and pleasant.  When I got off the train a couple was also getting off as well so we walked together to the hostel.  It really wasn't too hot at the time as compared to later on when I walked around.  The hostel guy at reception is this smug asshole that probably needs a good punch in the face.  Anyway, after I got shown to my room I shaved my face and head and then headed into town.

It was hotter that shit walking around downtown.  I walked around downtown Certaldo on a quest for a grocery store and water.  I walked by an outdoor digital thermometer., it said 35 degrees.  No wonder it was blazing!  I bought some water, apples and some Gatorade.  I guess the Italians weigh and tag stuff before they arrive at the counter, which I neglected to do.  The checkout lady was a little upset and ran back to the fruit stand to weigh and tag my bag.  It was pretty funny, guess next time I'll make sure I behave like other normal Italians.

Anyway, I walked back to the hostel, sweating like a pig.  I've been sitting here for about 2 hours and I'm finally starting to cool down.  There's this ridiculous movie on right now about some high school reunion, unfuckingbelievable.  I'm not certain what I will do tomorrow, maybe explore Certaldo or head out to Pisa for a day trip.  Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

25 december 2001

Bonne Noel!  I'm hanging out in the Grand Salon after hanging out until 05:00 for our XMAS party.  We had breakfast/lunch at about 14:30 and now it's about 16:30.  In a few hours I'll try to call home

18 december 2001

The last few days in Slovenia were really fun.  Unfortunately I had to leave.  The last day is was snowing and we went on this hike with Patricija.  It was really nice.  Basically we went up this hill

10 december 2001

It's been a few days since I've written, been having way too much fun here in Slovenia.  Right now Natasa and I are hanging out in this pub in Begunje, a small town near Bled.  Natasa's birthday was m


T. B.
bottom of page